Welcome to the Depression
For this entry in the Anime ABC’s series I’m taking a look at NHK ni Youkoso!, or Welcome to the NHK as it’s known in English. It’s a depressing story that has a positive spin in the end but man is it a long journey. This 2006 adaptation of the novel of the same title is one that offers a unique story that shouldn’t be missed by more serious anime viewers. For some, Welcome to the NHK is going to hit pretty close to home but for others it offers an interesting look into the world of hikikomoris and the dangers of social isolation taken to extremes. Continue reading “Anime ABC’s N is for NHK ni Youkoso!”
Sometimes, That’s All You Need
Kicking off my look at Fall 2017, is Recovery of an MMO Junkie which is a series that had me invested from the very start. I won’t be rehashing anything from my first impressions so go ahead and read that here if you’d like. While most people found the aspect of blossoming online relationships displayed in this series, today I’ll be discussing why I enjoyed a narrative that was largely on rails. Recovery of an MMO Junkie is fairly predictable, and really pretty average, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth your time because it absolutely is. Continue reading “Recovery of an MMO Junkie – A Charming (Yet Predictable) Experience”
I have something exciting planned for you all. For the first time EVER I’m going to be reviewing every Fall 2017 show I watched. As you may well know, I typically watch very little seasonal anime but this time I decided to watch quite a bit. You may recall my first impressions article I did awhile back, boy did some of my thoughts change! Any way, here’s a look at the review order:
- Recovery of an MMO Junkie – This series is actually finished and I know a lot of folks already talked about it but I have something different planned than the angle everybody else took. Expect this one out next week!
- King’s Game – I’m pretty sure everybody knows this show isn’t that good but I will end up completing this one. Consider it an obligatory review but one we can all have lots of fun with. Expect this reasonably fast once the season is up.
- A Sister’s All You Need – Now we enter the territory where these reviews will take a little longer to get out. I aim to have this release one week after the King’s Game review.
- Juuni Taisen – If I plan well, this will release just a few days after the last review.
- Ancient Magus’ Bride – Mid-season review. Since this series will still be continuing into the next season, I’ll just be doing another impressions article on my thoughts so far (spoilers, I am loving it!).
- Kekkai Sensen & Beyond – This will take the longest to get out. I’m watching the simul-dub for this one. I aim to review season one during the waiting time.
That’s the plan folks! Of course, I will still be doing other content sprinkled between but I hope you will look forward to this review lineup. I have some ideas I’ll be trying out here that I think you’ll really enjoy. Until then!
Usually, I don’t, but This Season I’m Watching Quite a Bit
Other than watching more than usual this season, I thought this would be a pleasant surprise after my short leave of absence. More than a few people have been wanting to know what I was watching this season and my thoughts so, by popular demand, I thought I’d finally do one of these things! I’ll walk through each show, my progress so far, and general thoughts. If a title you were hoping I’d cover is missing, it means I’m either not watching it or just don’t have access (it’s more likely to be the latter). Continue reading “Fall Anime 2017 Impressions – I’m Actually Doing One of These?!?”