Pretty Freaky for a Children’s Film
After noticing Jacob had reviewed Laika Studios’ most recent film, Kubo and the Two Strings, I decided it was high time we got around to reviewing Laika’s older films. What better time than during the October Review Fest? Today I’m looking at Coraline, a film that is pretty creepy and based on the Neil Gaiman book of the same title. It’s a great film for the time of year, but an excellent watch regardless. Continue reading “Coraline – Say Hello to Your Other Mother”
Only this time instead of just one week of Halloween posts, you are going to get a whole month! Each of the MWF posts for the entire month of October will be Halloween themed. Not only that, but each week will have it’s own theme as well! Here’s how it’s going to work.
The rules for this are as follows:
- Anything covered must be spooky or related to Halloween in some way.
- If monsters/ghosts are an integral part of something, it counts.
- Gore stuff counts too just so I don’t limit myself too much.
That’s all there is for rules so let’s look at the lineup:
- Week One: Laika week – Looking at two stop-motion films from Laika Studios.
- Week Two: Fun & Games – A look at board & video games perfect for Halloween.
- Week Three: Higurashi Week – A review of seasons 1-3 of Higurashi.
- Week Four: Obscure Week – A look at three lesser known anime titles.
- Week Five: Wrap up post, not much here because October ends on a Tuesday.
I hope you all look forward to the event! I may produce some bonus content as well so keep your eyes peeled. Jacob and Frank will have posts during the month too but what they have planned is a surprise, even to me!
Want to check out the Halloween week posts I did way back in 2015? This’ll give you an example of the kind of stuff I’ll be looking at if the above isn’t hint enough. Here they are for your viewing pleasure: