*This Look Back May Contain Some Spoilers Ahead*Continue reading “A Look Back at ‘Frankenweenie’ (1984) – Tim Burton’s ‘Frankenstein’ Parody for Disney”
I hope everybody is doing well this fine October. The past couple of years I’ve done Halloween events, most notably last year with my October Review Fest where I did a whole month of themed content. Unfortunately this year I totally spaced the fact that October comes after September (I’ve been dealing with a lot of stuff, bare with me guys) so I was not at all prepared to do an awesome event at that scale again this year. Don’t distress though, that’s where Freaky Fridays come in! Every Friday this month I’ll have a themed article for the Halloween season. Today, 10 anime to get you into the Halloween spirit! Continue reading “Freaky Friday 1 of 4 – 10 Anime to get You into the Halloween Spirit”
Only this time instead of just one week of Halloween posts, you are going to get a whole month! Each of the MWF posts for the entire month of October will be Halloween themed. Not only that, but each week will have it’s own theme as well! Here’s how it’s going to work.
The rules for this are as follows:
- Anything covered must be spooky or related to Halloween in some way.
- If monsters/ghosts are an integral part of something, it counts.
- Gore stuff counts too just so I don’t limit myself too much.
That’s all there is for rules so let’s look at the lineup:
- Week One: Laika week – Looking at two stop-motion films from Laika Studios.
- Week Two: Fun & Games – A look at board & video games perfect for Halloween.
- Week Three: Higurashi Week – A review of seasons 1-3 of Higurashi.
- Week Four: Obscure Week – A look at three lesser known anime titles.
- Week Five: Wrap up post, not much here because October ends on a Tuesday.
I hope you all look forward to the event! I may produce some bonus content as well so keep your eyes peeled. Jacob and Frank will have posts during the month too but what they have planned is a surprise, even to me!
Want to check out the Halloween week posts I did way back in 2015? This’ll give you an example of the kind of stuff I’ll be looking at if the above isn’t hint enough. Here they are for your viewing pleasure:
- Why I Love… Halloween – Part of a now discontinued article series where I talked about stuff I love a whole lot.
- SOMA Review – A review of the video game SOMA.
- From the New World Review – One of my early anime reviews of an excellent anime.
- Betrayal at House on the Hill – A look at the single greatest board game for Halloween (really any time, but especially this time of year) ever made.
- Ghost Stories Review (Sort of) – Really this ended up being a recommendation for the Ghost Stories anime dub. It’s the weakest piece here.
- Over the Garden Wall Review – A look at a short series that ran on Cartoon Network. It’s a very good show so consider reading the review.
- Another Review – A look at the anime Another, the most confusingly titled show when written out of context like this.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Review – A review of one of my favorite films.
Article 5 in the Why I Love… Series
With Halloween Week just around the corner it’s time to get hyped up! Halloween is a time for horror and fun for all ages. The only holiday that even comes close to being as enjoyable to me is Christmas. So with that, let’s get on with why I love Halloween so much! Continue reading “Why I Love… Halloween”