Obvious Recommendation Here
As promised, along with reviewing the original anime for my Anime ABC’s series, I am also taking a look at Cowboy Bebop: The Movie. Actually, this isn’t even the first time I’ve talked about the film. I first recommended it back in 2016 in an article titled, “5 Anime Films That Non-Anime Fans Can Enjoy” which aimed to recommend some good entry points into the medium. It should come then, to no surprise, that this film is worth checking out, even if you haven’t seen Cowboy Bebop yet. Continue reading “Cowboy Bebop: The Movie – Perfect for Old & New Fans Alike”
A Little Context
For those of you out of the loop, Anime ABC’s is a series where I review an anime for each letter of the alphabet in order. Typically these are longer-form essays where I try something unique/different each time. This round should be Q, but instead I hosted a redemption round since there just aren’t a ton of Q anime. The winner of that vote was the famed Cowboy Bebop. Now that you know what’s going on, let’s dive right into the review. Continue reading “Anime ABC’s Q is(n’t) for Cowboy Bebop”
Doing Something a bit Different
Today I felt like talking about my desktop backgrounds and my thought process behind how and why I choose the ones I have. This article is a good way to get to know me some more and an opportunity for folks to share some cool images with each other. This isn’t really meant to be in-depth or anything, just for fun. I know this is something fairly atypical of me but I hope you’ll indulge me a bit and enjoy 🙂 Continue reading “Taking a Look at my Desktop Backgrounds”
When the OP is Just Right…
I know it’s been awhile since I’ve personally put an actual article up on here. So I thought I’d get back into the swing of things by celebrating some of my favorite anime openings. I’ve seen a couple hundred anime, so this list took some careful consideration to whittle down to just 25.
The list is in no particular order and the only rule is that the opening has to have come from a show I’ve seen. Other than that, no repeats for stuff I’ve reviewed outside of honorable mentions. Obviously this is just my personal taste, so if an OP you love isn’t on the list I probably didn’t see the show or just didn’t like the opening that much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Continue reading “Top 25 Anime Openings”
It’s That Time of Year Again!
Which means that I’m back with my annual Righstuf Holiday buying guide. This time of year is the ideal time to stock up on anime when the prices at Righstuf are unbelievably low. The best part is that whether you have a membership or not, the savings are the same for all so nobody has to miss out. Last year I detailed 35 picks, some are bound to make it back this year but first, here are some rules for this list:
- Only anime DVD’s and Blu-rays will be featured on this list. I don’t really read manga and so I’m not all that well informed on what’s a good deal or even what titles people should really pick up.
- No Mega Deals or Limited Offers will be featured since they have a time limit.
- Has to be the best price I can find, if Amazon beats it then it doesn’t end up on the list.
- Out of Stock items will not be on the main list but will probably get an honorable mention (they might come back into stock).
- List is in no particular order.
- Lastly, this list is only current as of 12/5/16. That means I’ve sifted through all 1,519 deals so far! More offers are added each day, so be sure to head over to Righstuf each day and see what new deals pop up.
Continue reading “Rightstuf Holiday Sale Buying Guide 2016 – Top 26-ish Picks”
In A Surprise Twist, The Winner Is…
With a grand total of 8 votes Code Geass managed to beat out Cowboy Bebop by a whole 2 votes. This was certainly unexpected as Cowboy Bebop seemed like the sure bet when voting first started. That being said, there is no better time to be reviewing Code Geass since it just turned 10 years old this year and I happened to pick up the Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray. This one will take me a bit to watch and get a review out so be a little patient this time around. You can check out my previous ABC reviews of Anohana or Baccano! in the meantime.
Below you’ll see the breakdown for all 13 voters, up from last times 9, which I’m glad to see we managed to improve. Hopefully we can get even more votes as we continue through the alphabet!
5 Great Films That Anyone Can Enjoy, Even Non-Anime Fans
Looking for some good films? Interested in seeing what anime may have to offer? Well than look no further! As I mentioned in my ‘How to Introduce Others to Anime’ article, it can be intimidating jumping into the plethora of anime out there. With this list I aim to recommend some great films and even try and convince some people to try something new.
Rules for the list are as follows:
- Ghibli is off limits. All of those films are pretty solid and get a recommendation from me, but since I want this list to be diverse I won’t be including any of them on it. If you want to know some good Ghibli films I recommend Spirited Away (check out my review of that), Howl’s Moving Castle, or Ponyo as a starting point.
- No movies that require knowledge or are attached to a series. I have one exception on this list, but I’ll explain that one when we get to it. Without this rule you’d definitely see The Disappearances of Haruhi Suzumiya on here along with some others.
- One movie per director. I want the list to be diverse, for similar reasons as there will be no Ghibli films.
- Only films that are both subbed and dubbed are on this list. Want to be friendly to all audiences and subbed films are a turn off for a lot of people who may not watch this sort of thing regularly.
- Each film will have a link to where you can purchase it, and if there is any way to stream the film (in NA) legally, I’ll link that as well. All films can be found at Rightstuf.com but I’ll only include the cheapest place.
With all that, let’s get on with the list! Continue reading “5 Anime Films That Non-Anime Fans Can Enjoy”
This article series has been discontinued
Zankyou no Terror, or Terror in Resonance in English, is an 11 episode anime from the Summer 2014 anime season. Having been directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, this anime quickly made it onto my radar. However, since I tend to lag behind in what I watch (there are a lot of shows), I only just got to this one recently. These articles are discussion pieces on the anime itself, I will review parts of the show, ultimately giving it a score and recommendation as per the norm. Naturally, there will be some spoilers. Continue reading “Thoughts On Terror In Resonance, Watanabe, & Contemporary World Issues – EDITED”
This post is part of The 12 Days of Christmas
With the year nearing a close, I thought I’d share my top 10 personal favorite anime. These shows are ones that I personally got a lot out of, so I’m excited to share them with you. Some of these titles are well known, while others aren’t as popular. Enjoy! Continue reading “My Top 10 Favorite Anime (2015 Version)”