5 Great Films That Anyone Can Enjoy, Even Non-Anime Fans
Looking for some good films? Interested in seeing what anime may have to offer? Well than look no further! As I mentioned in my ‘How to Introduce Others to Anime’ article, it can be intimidating jumping into the plethora of anime out there. With this list I aim to recommend some great films and even try and convince some people to try something new.
Rules for the list are as follows:
- Ghibli is off limits. All of those films are pretty solid and get a recommendation from me, but since I want this list to be diverse I won’t be including any of them on it. If you want to know some good Ghibli films I recommend Spirited Away (check out my review of that), Howl’s Moving Castle, or Ponyo as a starting point.
- No movies that require knowledge or are attached to a series. I have one exception on this list, but I’ll explain that one when we get to it. Without this rule you’d definitely see The Disappearances of Haruhi Suzumiya on here along with some others.
- One movie per director. I want the list to be diverse, for similar reasons as there will be no Ghibli films.
- Only films that are both subbed and dubbed are on this list. Want to be friendly to all audiences and subbed films are a turn off for a lot of people who may not watch this sort of thing regularly.
- Each film will have a link to where you can purchase it, and if there is any way to stream the film (in NA) legally, I’ll link that as well. All films can be found at Rightstuf.com but I’ll only include the cheapest place.
With all that, let’s get on with the list! Continue reading “5 Anime Films That Non-Anime Fans Can Enjoy”