Gather ‘Round the Fire…
It’s time to start October off right! Welcome everyone to the announcement of the English Eerie Campfire Tales event. Through the month of October I’ll be hosting an event where you’ll have a chance to submit a spooky story that will be read in my Discord for our Halloween get-together on October 30th. Let’s dive right in to how all of this is going to work.
What You Need to Do
Everyone who wants to participate is tasked with writing a short story using either version of the role-playing game, English Eerie. Don’t worry, the game itself is designed for doing this and it’s a very simple process that may be done over several smaller sessions or in one larger session that takes a few hours. Here’s all the info you need on the game:
- English Eerie (free version) – This version of the game is everything you need. It’s technically pay what you want, but you may enter zero for the amount and get it for free. This ensures everyone is able to participate in the event. You’ll find 5 scenarios to pick from and are welcome to use any of them for the base of your story. Additionally, if you decide to get the second edition of the game, you may use these scenarios still. Download the game here.
- English Eerie (Second Edition) – If you think this game sounds really awesome, the second edition of the game has 10 scenarios and supports play with more people. It’s very similar to the free version with just a few updates on how things are played. By no means do you need this version as their is a cost of just under $8 for this. I have each version and find both to be solid products, they have my recommendation. You can download this version here.
You have from now until October 29th, 11:59 PM PST to write and submit your story. This doesn’t have to be your first play of the game either, so feel free to take your time with this. Then on October 30th, 7 PM PST a dramatic reading of all submissions will be held in my Discord. You may choose to read your story during this event or I’ll read it for you, that way there’s no pressure. Of course, when you submit your story you may always opt out of having it read aloud.
How to Submit
To submit your story you may do one of three things:
- Join my Discord and submit a link to your story in the #submissions tab
- Tweet your submission using the hashtag #EnglishEerie and tagging me (@JS_Reviews)
- If for some reason you don’t have access to either of these two platforms, you may always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your submission should only be the story but I would like for you to include what scenario was used along with a title. Optionally, you may include an additional second version where you explain the decisions you made based on the game’s mechanics but it is not required. I find that interesting and I’m sure others will as well, but again, it’s completely optional.