I didn’t really know what to write about for today, so here’s an update talking about what I’ve been up to lately and why I haven’t been posting a ton. I’ll be talking about anime I’m watching, projects for the site, projects outside of the site, and other stuff. For your convenience, I’ll be organizing this by section so you can just read whatever you care about.
This season I am watching A LOT of anime. Here’s the full list of everything I’m watching, seasonal and otherwise:
- Boogiepop – I like this new version over the old one to some degree. Lately, that stance has shifted a bit because this current arc is really long.
- Price of Smiles – I genuinely expected this to be some kind of idol show. I have no idea why. Instead it is about war and mechs. That’s cool too though. It’s a palate cleanser show, just enjoyable enough.
- Kaguya – This is my pick of the season. It’s Kaiji meets rom-com. You should watch this.
- Art Club! – Shouldn’t be a surprise here, the collab has been going on.
- Mob Psycho S2 – I liked S1 alright but S2 has been more miss than hit for me. The past few episodes were good though, so maybe this was just a slow start?
- Red Garden – Been a slow watch but this is really goofy. I wouldn’t call it good but it’s totally worth your time.
- SAO S3 – I like this but man the story is sure taking its time again. The recap episode made sense in the narrative but it absolutely killed the pacing.
- Shield Hero – Actually kind of surprised, this is up there with the shows I’m enjoying most this season. I think the hate this got was WAY overblown.
- Slime – Still a good time. It’s always slow but never in a bad way. I hope this gets more beyond what’s slated.
- W’z – Hand Shakers S2???? Oh yeah baby!
- Neverland – Another slow-burn. I like this well enough. We don’t get a lot of horror/mystery shows with mind game elements on top of that. The last episode was pretty good so let’s see how it all plays out.
On top of this I’ve been rewatching Cowboy Bebop for Anime ABC’s. I am struggling with how I want to talk about the iconic show. Obviously, it’s good, so I’d rather focus on some other element for that series because a straight review would be boring, frankly. I’ve been very impressed with the blu-ray’s though, the remasters are super good. Don’t normally notice that sort of thing but really did here.
Projects NOT Site Related
Outside of the site I’ve been doing a few projects. Here are those:
- Ryuutama game – I’ve been running Ryuutama every week for my D&D group. It’s really fun and that’s awesome! Unfortunately, that takes a good chunk of my time because I’m pretty invested in the game.
- On a related note, the Japanese creator and English translation team for Ryuutama is interested in some stuff regarding the game I’m running. I have the opportunity to send them some work samples which could turn into something really good. The group is excited about that as well. I’m working with somebody else on this, but again, this is taking time and focus away from the site.
- Church – My church has been having a lot of stuff going on lately and I am needing to help with a lot of it. Normally there isn’t so much all at the same time, but lately it has been. This should settle down by next month (hopefully).
- Reddit – I’ve actually been making some money via Reddit. You may remember the Kickstarter project I got involved with? Work for stuff like that and affiliate marketing has been really paying off for me there.
- Business Proposal – I’ve also been doing some consulting for a friend regarding a business proposal for his company. This isn’t actually all that labor or hour intensive but something I’ve been doing.
The good news is that I’ve been making a little extra money, the bad news, you guessed it, time I have to spend outside of the site. I’m still not making much money, so I’m very much still poor, but it all helps. I also put in for a job at Seven Seas publishing so here’s hoping.
Lately I’ve been playing a lot more video games beyond the typical Hearthstone matches. Not really sure why, but I’m not complaining, been legitimately enjoying myself lately. Here’s what I’ve been playing:
- Apex Legends – Came out of nowhere. Best BR game I’ve played. A new favorite but I can only play it for a few hours at most a week T.T My internet sucks and so I have to play it at my mom’s house when I’m there for work at my church.
- Thea: The Awakening – It’s like Civ meets your typical RPG. Super fun, fantastic storytelling, and it pulls on real life lore. It has some choose-your-own-adventure type stuff and I really love it. A bit tricky to learn without a video or something, but a blast once you do.
- Mystic Vale – This is a game I’d like to play IRL for its art and gameplay, but it would be a real pain to do so. The digital version is exactly what I wanted, with even better art! Deckbuilding games are some of my favorite and this is pretty up there. Unfortunately, nobody plays online so I can only play AI 😦
- Kingdom Hearts 3 – Of course this is a big one! I’m about halfway through and enjoying it. Just a bit too easy if you ask me, some of the worlds are the greatest, but it has been a long time coming. The story is just as edgy as I remember but that’s part of the fun!
Lately I’ve been pretty tired. I might just be trying to do too much stuff but I want to stay busy. I have to just wait around forever to hear about disability services. I don’t even have a court date yet and my lawyer isn’t communicating with me, even when I call. That’s very frustrating. As a result, I’ve tried looking for a little extra work/stuff to do, so that’s why I have taken on so many projects.
On the same token, playing video games more has been really good. I used to play them a ton when I started University but that changed for whatever reason. This year and some of last that changed some and I’ve been letting myself have more time for that. It’s been relaxing.
When it comes to reading on here. I just haven’t been much. I check some here-and-there but probably not nearly enough. I know you all are working hard, and I appreciate that so many still read here in spite of that, but it’s not something I can really keep up with right now. It becomes too much like work, engaging because I should, not because I want to.
Anyway, the site is still around, and I don’t plan on changing things. I just really didn’t know what to write for today. Mondays are still Mini Review days, Wednesday are a free slot, and Friday is a collab day for the next few weeks. Look forward to all that.
So what have you all been up to? Let me know what anime, video games, books, TV shows, etc… you’ve been enjoying lately. Have something you want to talk about? Just comment! I’ll catch you guys later this week. Have a good one! 🙂