What Will My Grandma Think?
No seriously, she reads these. What will she think with a title like that? I’ve been nominated once again for a blog award. Thanks to Nesha for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. In addition, Nesha also tagged me in the Five Flaming Hotties game. Raistlin0903 also tagged me in the Five Flaming Hotties game awhile back but I didn’t actually get around to making a post (though I did give him a rushed list on his blog). I’ll be tackling the One Lovely Blog Award first and then the Hotties.
One Lovely Blog Award
Ok, for this one I have to:
- Thank the person who nominated you and links their blog.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award banner to your post.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pass this on to as many people as you like.
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees.
Seems simple enough. I already thanked Nesha, but I’ll do so again now 🙂 Thanks! Now to share seven things. Hmm…
- My name isn’t actually Jon Spencer! I know shocking. If you are in the Facebook group that Arthifis set up then you already knew that. The reason for using the name Jon Spencer has to do with my name not being particularly catchy and originally wanting a degree of separation between myself an my writing. It’s not a secret though.
- Most of you know this, but for those who are new, I have a neurological condition called Cerebral Palsy. While it is a disability for myself, it hasn’t really been a big deal for most of my life. If you met me in person, I might come off as a little weird since I look around a lot and don’t really do eye contact well, but otherwise I’m pretty much like anybody else. It wasn’t until recently that having this became an issue when I needed to find more work. I can’t drive as a result of this and there are a few minor barriers to employment for me beyond this. Hopefully things work out soon though.
- I own over 200 board games! This was one of my first major hobbies before anime. Typically, I cycle between interests fairly rapidly. I get really into something, master it as well as I can, and then usually move on. The only things this hasn’t happened for are board games, anime, dancing, and writing (as far as hobbies go). Since you are probably wondering, I would probably say that Deception: Murder in Hong Kong is my favorite game.
- I also own a ton of anime. I think I’m at around 200 unique titles but it is more if you count second seasons and such. Sadly, I haven’t been able to purchase more anime or board games since I don’t have a job right now T.T I did get the LE of Your Name though because it was super good. My favorite anime is Penguindrum.
- Oh jeez, I still have more of these? Hmmm ok, I got one! I used to be a professional magician. During high school and my early years of University, I performed as a magician making pretty decent money. I did everything from stage shows to street performances. Unfortunately, my life got pretty busy in University so I don’t really do magic that much any more. I do still enjoy busting out card tricks and a few other easy to do things at parties and such though. It’s pretty fun.
- The hobby I moved onto was dancing. During my University days, I took a ton of dance classes. I learned every dance offered which includes (favorites are in red):
- Single-Time Swing
- West Coast Swing
- Triple-Time Swing
- Lindy hop
- Salsa (all types)
- Night-Club Two-Step
- Waltz (traditional and cross-step)
- Country Western (waltz, swing, two-step, line dance, etc…)
- and more!
- I’m not really sure what to do for the last one. Umm I guess here are some live-action TV shows I like: Psych, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds (like there is a theme or something), W, Adam Ruins Everything, and White Collar. Of course I like loads more than that, but these are some of my favorites.
That does it for this one. I don’t really know who to nominate since most people I thought of seem to have already had this one.
Five Flaming Hotties
This one is a bit weird. I am supposed to list five “hotties” such as my waifus or husbandos. Only problem? I don’t really have any XD
That’s ok though, I’ll share with you instead five characters I think are attractive/cute. Don’t confuse this with me wanting to lewd these characters though, I’m not into that at all. Plus, that’d be weird given at least a few picks. In no particular order, let’s get this party started!
1. Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad)
Listen, Nagisa is cute and all but Kotomi is far more my speed. I like that she is smart and good at cooking. Even with her fantastic violin playing, there isn’t anything that I don’t like about her. She was my favorite of the girls in Clannad even though her story is actually fairly weak comparatively.
There is something about the troubled genius type that is inherently interesting to me. What pushes Kotomi over the edge is that she still acts like a person. She isn’t just this disconnected genius who lives in their own world. She is eccentric still, but more believable than her other anime counterparts.
2. Konata (Lucky Star)
Ok, this one is actually a bit of a cheat. I like Konata and the twins just about equally. They are just really cute! There isn’t really any rhyme or reason to this one. I just like them. Lucky Star really had a great cast design wise. Nearly all of them are great.
3. Asuna (Sword Art Online)
Say what you will about Sword Art Online, but Asuna is a pretty obvious pick for a lot of people. I also warmed up to Silica over time with two seasons and the film, but Asuna takes the cake for being so supportive and kind-hearted. I loved her design in the first season of SAO but haven’t been a big fan of her game avatar design at least past that. The striking red and white is just very appealing.
I’ll be the first to admit that SAO isn’t the best show out there and is riddled with flaws, but I still really enjoyed it. Asuna was a major factor in that as her relationship with Kirito, helped keep me invested in everything that was going on. This was the very first modern anime I watched too so it has a special place in my heart.
4. Taiga (Toradora!)
Here’s another one I don’t think anybody would really be surprised about. I think Taiga is super cute. Though, personality wise I’d be more interested in Minori. I am not very good at sticking to just one XD Any way, Taiga wins out because after time she grew on me and I liked her character a lot.
5. Toru (My Hero Academia)
I couldn’t think of another one off the top of my head so you get a meme answer XD Hahaha! Toru is the greatest but I can’t blame you if you didn’t happen to notice her much in the MHA. This is one character I can actually show a lewd image of, hope you are ready 😉
I can’t believe people actually get really into this. My goodness I can’t keep the joke up. Toru is pretty great though but she isn’t my favorite character in the show or anything like that. Any way, I’m sure there are other characters I could have thought u but these were the five that came to mind. Hope you had some fun with this.
Any way, everybody I know has been tagged in this one so that’s it for me today!